Tuesday, January 7, 2014

LUMPECTOMY - THE SEQUEL . . . The boost plus breast cancer forecast video


Monday  Day 15  Saw the radiation oncologist.  She says my skin is doing well.   

On the boost: she mentioned it's coming soon (as if I hadn't been counting) and told me they won't use more radiation; it is just concentrated on the original trouble spot.


I enjoyed the MedPageToday 2014 Breast Cancer 1 video:  

Lisa Carey, MD, of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, really impressed me with her statement on Breast Cancer 2014, Breast Cancer 1.  She touched on something I've wondered about -- what kinds of cells are in breast cancer, saying that some breast cancer cells resemble other types of cancer cells more than they resemble other breast cancer cells.  

I was delighted with her clear way of speaking to all of us--no medspeak. 

There will be a Breast Cancer 2 video near the end of the month.  I went to MedPage Today, More Medical News, and scrolled down to Breast Cancer 2014.  

No comments: