Sunday, December 29, 2013

LUMPECTOMY - THE SEQUEL . . . . Radiation fatigue and skin

Yesterday, Saturday, started out great - busy, but with energy.  A kind person who has been through radiation gave me a present - the Aquaphor he used on his skin during radiation.  Talked with friends for quite a while.

Didn't go out for usual decaff.  By mid-afternoon, needed a nap. Slept hard enough to dream.  Climbed the stairs at the library, one of my no-skipping-this exercises, slowly.  But before I was through at the market, felt a little tired again.

Got the food into the house and made myself walk around the corner to the mailbox.  By then, the effort of taking a shower seemed like it would have to wait for morning.  What saved me??  Got my second wind earlier. Laundry's in and swishing.

SKIN

Since I wash my hair in the shower, shampoo irritation may (or may not) become a breast skin issue.   I went through the market's healthy living section and read every word of several shampoos' ingredients.  Settled on baby shampoo called Cocoon baby.  No phthalates, no parabens, no sulfates.  Also looked at one made by the company that makes my non-irritating leave-in hair conditioner.  I'll let you know how Cocoon baby works out.

In closing:  Just as not everyone has serious breast skin irritation, so everyone, including you, may not get fatigue.  Best wishes.

No comments: