Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Please read this article, and plan to stand up for yourself.


On MEDPAGETODAY, Harlan Krumholz, MD, gives us his take on how our rights are neglected when we get that last-minute yellow paper to sign for the "informed" consent process.

"'Patients need permission to make a choice and
 to know that the choice is not pre-ordained.'" (Red edit mine.)

The article is short and easy.  My opinion is that until the system is fixed, we patients need to insist on info far in advance:
"What will I be signing and what are my other choices, 
and what if I don't sign when I find surprises in the form?"

http://www.medpagetoday.com/MedPageTodayat10/LessIsMore/51785?isalert=1&uun=g745835d4062R5912758u&xid=NL_breakingnews_2015-05-29

I wish you health.

Next post: a vacation from Tamoxifn

No comments: