Thursday, July 31, 2014

TAMOXIFEN - the surprises never stop

Hot flashes shouldn't have been a surprise - they're mentioned on several sites.

But chills?  In Texas?  In summer?  Nobody's going to believe me.  I didn't believe it myself.  There's a picture in my head of me, looking more like a stereotype Granny, with a shawl around my shoulders.

It's August.  Next month more blood drawn--what are they looking for?  What do they hope not to see in my blood?

And why does my doctor think we won't test everyone to see which of us can't utilize Tamoxifen?  I remember those medpage predictions and the mentions of the role of medicine for stimulating our own immune systems.

The part I don't think about is - if I can't utilize Tamoxifen in my body, what do I do instead?

I wish  you health.

1 comment:

Beth Gainer said...

Margaret, I can see your quandary. It's difficult to know which drug is the best since they all have these darn side effects.