Friday, June 30, 2017

Bone Density check - bits of info Midnight Special


The other day reporting to a hospital for a chest x-ray (for allergies, big cough) I remembered I will be getting the two-year bone density scan that Medicare allows to find out if the Prolia I take actually works.

I kind of remembered the entry area and felt it's the same place I got my original density scan.  (Can't resist telling people that only my hips were scanned because there's lumbar fusion metal in my spine.)

Seems like the very same day I decided this was the place, I also ran into an online recommendation that we do go to the same place for a second scan.  This makes perfect sense to me - same room, probably same apparatus, same method and so on.  Most important to me:  May be the same Radiologic Tech as before!

The original scan of my right hip (the one thus diagnosed with osteoporosis) was a very uncomfortable process.  I just lay there and took it til it was over, then the Tech had no idea why I felt so uncomfortable.  I want more info on why that happened.  Especially if it hurts this next time.

As I've mentioned, I have a funny hip the won't do everything limber people do.

I want my next (maybe final) Prolia before the scan.  Let Prolia give its best shot to this hip; then we'll see.

No comments: