Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Population Based Payment - for medical care Midnight Special


Twitter today led me to an article from Harvard Medical School News   "Alternative payment model boosts quality of care for low-income patients."

Population-based payment is a new concept for me, and so is the name BCBS of Massachusetts uses "Alternative Quality Contract (AQC).  But the program itself is not new.  Lump-sum payments to healthcare providers are intended to assure us of getting all the way to "well."

But detractors have seen possible problems down the line, and this article intends to show us that the criticism may be exaggerated.

I found the article easy to read.  And I think we may all need some good $ news about getting care in the future.

I just Googled Harvard News raising quality, and the title popped up right away.


No comments: