Tuesday, June 25, 2013

That book!

I deleted my earlier post on the "Irrationality" interview because I thought it would bring me problems.  And I didn't want to sound anti-doctor.

Tonight I read the table of contents of Irrationality in Healthcare, and I'm angry all over again. 

 If you read it, then may  I suggest you also read:  When Doctors Don't Listen by Leana Wen, MD., and Joshua Kosowsky, MD, for the other side of the story.  Or at least read the Action Tips and Reviews.

I can't close without honoring my wonderful doctors in Burbank, CA.  And also the late Bernard Virshup, MD, for his early work in that area:  How  To Cope With Your Doctor. 

1 comment:

Dr. Leana Wen said...

Thanks so much for mentioning my book! Your voice as a patient advocate is so necessary to advance healthcare and help people get the care they deserve.