Thursday, April 9, 2020

"YOUR LABS ARE ALWAYS GOOD" But now?

My family doctor tests for several things.  When I see him, he pinches his finger and thumb together  to tell me how close he thinks I am to high blood sugar, which had been a problem before I met him.   I have kept those labs good for years, with one Lara Bar per day. I count grains of sugar in my oatmeal and grains of salt also.

Now comes the virus:  I don't know if my doctor has been pressed into service for virus victims.  I wish him the best,  but I'm not going over to his building.

 My daughter has been bringing me my groceries and leaving them in my car.  I don't want her to get any diseases from my crowded building.   Sometimes, she puts in  a treat.  Last night after three trips  bringing up a few heavy groceries at a time, I ate four sugary little "newtons."   That has to stop.

After trying for months, I have lost weight recently, though I need to work, besides climbing all those stairs with my cane, and food. I miss my evening walk, but even at the start, I encounter people who won't observe safe 6 ft distance.

Staying on my 1 Lara bar diet (that also has gobs of frozen veggies, other details later) may still save the blood sugar level.

Our market has a good selection even now, of frozen food like my veggies, and even frozen florets of green veggies that I can put salad dressing on, and microwave.  (I don't buy fresh greens now, because we never know who, handling things, may have the virus but not know it.

And also they bake pretty good bread for toast.

If someone puts your food into the car for you, make sure his or her boss supplies them with good protection..masks or whatever. They risk a lot coming to each customer.


PS:  My secret worry is not the food, or even my labs.  It's how fast I'm running out of really good books.


I wish you health.




No comments: