Saturday, November 23, 2019

The (probably not) Last Word on Kneecaps

Kneecap total healing could be a teeny bit Faster, tho I am thankful for the progress.  It would probably be going even better if my weight program hadn't gone into slowdown..Remember, any weight I can lose saves unexpected weight on my joints, including knees.

 SO:  This morning I did almost a full hour of my favorite exercises that include ones that:

Strengthen my gluts without much strain on the kneecaps.

1. Prone leg lifts - one leg at a time.  (By now you know these are mostly Bed-cer-cises:
 I got this one from Mayo Clinic maybe:) Just lie on the bed, lift one leg at a time a pretty high but comfortable height rotate legs.  (On second thought I originally got this in rehab after spine sugery.  That place has had different names, but I know they suggested I send away for some green thing to help pull leg up.  I don't need that.

2. Then I rotate lifting one just a few inches, and cross it over the other one, then bring it back down.

3. Next, still lying on my back,  slide legs on bed apart, then bring gently back together and apart.  Do a comfortable number of repeats.  

4. If that's all too much reason to go back to sleep, in living room or outdoors with the cane, I walk sideways with legs gently straight, then switch and lead with the other leg for ten or more feet.  

None of this makes my kneecaps do much since they hardly even bend.

Don't do anything fancy in the tub.  I have my cane next to the tub for all showers and shower/shampoos.  

 A neighbor has an emergency pull cord:  he keeps it IN THE TUB, which is where he might be likely to slip.

I wish you health.

No comments: