Sunday, April 26, 2020

THE VARSITY

 

First:  a Postscript: His changing my Tamoxifen dose to half-strength did bring me back to my usual self ..capable of arithmetic and all.

===

THE VARSITY

 One day, years ago, I went in for a colonoscopy.  The doctor did not arrive. The nurses had some theories, but I was just lying there.  Then someone said, Dr. G can do it, and started to wheel me into the room.   NO!  I insisted no one was coming near me with anything sharp until I at least met him.  They agreed and pushed me into the procedure room. A young man appeared near my feet, looked at me, and said:  Thirsty?  For some reason, I  had to laugh.

Weeks later, he was to get some samples for the surgeon.  I was lying in the hall; a young nurse came by, looked at the tag on the gurney, and said:  "You got Dr. G!  He does fancy!"

And he did.  

He was friendly, helpful, and easy to talk with about anything.  Even cheered me along on the phone once when prep just about knocked me down.  

I believe he has his own practice now, and it's their good fortune.


No comments: