Sunday, April 5, 2020

ISOLATING AT HOME-- EVEN WITH KIDS is not for wimps

Walking around our apartment complex has been a salvation for me for years.    It does rain, however, and to get outside, even after dark, I have to be around people.   My friend, Miss E, from L.A., however, called me with her view.

Miss E, who used to walk miles all over her part of the foothills, has this isolating handled.  She simply walks in place, counting the steps.  I have a sign on my wall from months ago when I  had a time of retaining water.  It says:

When muscles are inactive, they can't pump body fluids back to the heart.  

So in isolating or not, while the oatmeal cooks, a morning walk in place is important for me.

(But of course, there's a catch:  after I fell, a big hospital on their website convinced me not to stay too long on a flat surface, to save my knees.) I do have carpet, tho, and my old clogs have plenty of padding to help during kitchen chores.

A real favorite (even outdoors in other days) is walking sideways one way and then the other.  I think it helps my gluts a lot since the fall.  And I suspect if you have kids isolating with you, they might like it, too.  (Put the vases away when kids get into it.)

For me, anything that is a break from reading and keyboarding is indoor healthy.



I wish you health.

No comments: