Tuesday, June 9, 2020

TORN SKIN pt 2


Looking for a few more helps for my fragile forearm skin, I needed to remind you that the skin below my knees is also likely to become fragile.  A nice manicure place here offers a "bath" massage in a basin of warm water  for that skin; and women over 40 always order one.  And lest we forget, below the knees skin is also grateful for a massage at home with lotion. Guys who are bashful about that better get a shower soap that isn't too strong.

SUN Remembered I used to be so careful to put sunscreen especially on my "driver's arm."  More recently met owners who swore their popular price cars had all sun prevention glass.  But I can't find an expert who agrees.  So put the cream on,  and be grateful that glass and plastic in windshields help on sunny days.

Genetics also popped up, but vaguely.  I never saw Granma with a bandage like some of mine after hanging a mountain of wet clothes outside.  But she wore Dad's immense sun hat to keep the blue jays off... OR..maybe she just had tougher skin than mine.
Fact is, she was younger in those days than I am now.

Chemistry  What doctors know about creams for delicate skin can change.  We may not know of some harms for arms getting delicate. The scary part of what I found  was that creams and lotion that have been used on delicate skin in the past, even by doctors, are not always safe for everyone.  I'll stick with my giant pump bottle of Eucerin.

I wish you health.

No comments: