Saturday, October 20, 2018

LAST 4 or 5 POUNDS Cool room myth?


 When I lived in northern Indiana, my father's idea of healthy cuisine helped me put on more weight than I needed.

In winter, once in awhile someone would  say, 'You want to lose weight?  Just go out the front door, stand in the snow, and breathe that icy air."

I don't remember doing that often.  I felt like an idiot standing in the front yard, and besides,  my grandmother's mantra followed me out there: "You'll catch your death.!" 

Fast forward: one day recently, I saw a line on line about sleeping in "a cold room"  for our weight.  They gave a simple reason:  Our bodies have to work harder to warm cold air to a temperature we can use.

This week I dug around on line  to find that original quote.  Instead were notes and articles from various formal  studies. 

But we're not in a scientific experiment.  As it gets chilly out, I can have an extra blanket ready.  Or two.  And find out what my lungs might do with "cool-room" air on the last 4 or 5 pounds.




No comments: